Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> Red Hat Linux Questions, Im new and have a few questions....lol
SquireD
post Nov 11 2002, 04:47 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 136

Hi All,

I have recently just turned me PC into a dual boot system running Windows XP and red Hat Linux version 8.0. After using Red Hat ive gotta say that i am more than willing to completly get rid of windows all together and just run Red Hat....lol But the problem is, some of the things I want to do I dont know how on Linux. So I am here to ask you. Ok Here goes:

1. Internet radio Stations: My favourite radio station is Key 103 (Visit Key103) and on windows when i click the Listen Live buttin it launches Windows Media Player and plays the radio staion.... How can I get Linux to do that? when I click it, it asks me to download the file!

2. MP3s: The basic player that comes with Linux for some reason will not let me play MP3s, when I load an MP3 the browser on Audio Player doesnt show the mp3 and when I press play it opens the file directories again :/ Any way of solving that?

3. Java VM: On windows before you can use Java on a website you have to download Java Virtual Machine. Ive tried to go on to Java sites and by the looks of it needs the same. Where would I get it or do I already have it and need to config it?

4. Is there any way of running Macromedia Dreamweaver MX and Macromedia Fireworks MX?

Im sorry there are so many questions, im a n00b to linux, only been using it since friday....lol. You should of seen me trying to recompile the Nvidia drivers for my card! lol Dont know if it will help but here are my system specs:

OS 1: Red Hat Linux 8.0
OS 2: Windows XP Home
Intel Pentium 4 2000mhz 400fsb
Hercules 3D Prophet 3 64mb DDR (GF3)
Abit IT7 i845 Chipset with o/b: 5.1 sound, lan, firewire, usb 2.0, ata 133 raid

Thanks for any help i get biggrin.gif

SquireD
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- SquireD   Red Hat Linux Questions   Nov 11 2002, 04:47 PM
- - chrisw   Answer to question 1: You need to find a player fo...   Nov 13 2002, 09:25 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 09:54 AM