Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gnome Library Missing
x0id
post Nov 21 2003, 11:13 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,844

so i just installed slackware with gnome and lilo. i make my user name and password and login. now its time to start x so i type "startx" and i get a message:

"gnome-session: error while loading shared libraries: libgnomeui-2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

so apparantly this file didnt install and im wondering if its possible to install it without reinstalling linux. thanks ahead of time smile.gifp
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Nov 23 2003, 08:13 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

If you aren't already using it, there is a good program called SWareT (meaning SlackWARE Tool) that can be used to manage packages with Slackware.

I'm sure you can use that to reinstall gnome without having to reinstall the entire system.

Make sure you edit the /etc/swaret.conf file per the documentation to point to a Slackware version and location that is correct for your install ... otherwise you might get upgraded / downgraded to a new version.

In fact, after you get swaret setup for your install, I think the commands to get you working will be:

swaret --update

then

swaret --dep gnome

or

swaret --reinstall gnome

or

swaret --install gnome

---------------------
If you want all the latest patches/updates do:

swaret --update

then

swaret --upgrade

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2017 - 05:18 PM