Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> Reinstalling Users, Reinstalling Users
stancol
post Nov 9 2002, 01:39 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 129

Ok I'll try to make this short. I screwed up several users on my Linux box. I thought the fastest way to solve the problem was to delete them and reissue them later. Worked great untill I tried to reissue the users. Only one of the users worked the others just make the X screen flash and return back to the log in screen. I even went to /etc/passwd file and manually deleted them, and reinstalled them to no avail. sad.gif Any ideas on how to reissue old users that I deleted?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Prometheus
post Nov 12 2002, 05:24 AM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 139

I ran into a problem kinda like this a couple days ago. make sure to delete the home directories for the accounts you deleted, and the default group that was created when u made the user initially, unless you've got it set up that each new user doesn't get thier own group, then you don't need to worry about that. once you have the user deleted, thier home directory deleted, and thier private group deleted, you should be able to re-make the account without any problems.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 06:00 AM