Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showing Hidden Files, red hat 9 w/ GNOME
ahilliar
post Nov 18 2003, 01:57 AM
Post #1

Grub-er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,118

I am running red hat9 and have used up to this point pretty much only KDE as my GUI. In the lab at school they installed GNOME w/nautilus and I liked it so I've starting using it more at home.
I just cannot figure out how to see hidden files in nautilus. I've looked all over; view menu, preferences and system settings and see no "show hidden files" type of option anywhere. Of course I can see everything using ls -a at the terminal but sometimes it is more convenient in the browser.
Please help
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Nov 18 2003, 07:26 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

While in Nautilus, go to the menu line and pick Edit and select Preferences. This will open a File Management Preferences box... Under the View tab, select the check box Show hidden and backup files. I have checked both Gnome 2.2 and Gnome 2.4 and it is in the same place in both.

BTW I use nothing but Gnome on RedHat/Fedora, Debian, Slackware, Gentoo, Mandrake, and SUSE. To me, the default install of KDE looks to cartoonish....(I know I can change the themes, and actually KDE looks pretty good in RedHat, Mandrake and SUSE on thier latest installs).

Nautilus 2.4.1 is much better than version 2.2.1. In version 2.4.1, the tree (left pane) and the Files (right pane) stay syncronized when you navagate.

For RedHat 9, Gnome 2.2 is still the default version on all my apt-get sources. Gnome 2.2 is also the current version in SUSE 9. Gnome 2.4 is the default install on Ferdora Core 1, Debian SID, Mandrake 9.2, and Slackware 9.1 (it is also the latest emerge on Gentoo 1.4).

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 11:02 PM