Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Problems With Internet Connection
acer_macrophyllu...
post Nov 13 2003, 01:18 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,799

Hey everyone!
I've been having a problem getting a reliable internet connection with my Archtek 5634BTV having a TI chipset. When I get a connection, it usually lasts for a few minutes and then my throughput stops, but when I lift the receiver, I still hear the modem noise. It seems that I usually get a connection that works like this, but then sometimes I can't get any connection at all. I'm currently having this problem using Redhat 9, but I've had exactly the same problem with Debian and FreeBSD. I'm pretty sure it's not a PPP configuration problem or an ISP problem because my brother gets a connection just fine with the same distrobution, the same setup, and the same ISP. Any help you can give will definitely be appreciated, and if you need any more information please let me know. Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Nov 15 2003, 10:11 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

I haven't ever used Linux with dialup .... all my connections have been ethernet for the last 5 years!)...but it looks like there may be a driver for Linux that works here:

http://www.archtek.com/drivers.html

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 04:51 PM