Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Video Driver Installation Help, video
anth4hd
post Nov 4 2003, 12:26 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,749

I recently installed redhat 9.0. I have dell dimension 2400. The video card is Intel 82845g/gl/ge/pe/gv/graphics controller. when starting the gui (startx) it came on as an error and i tried to fix it by going thru as root redhat-config-xfree86 in attempts to fix the information...it was unsuccessful...it shown, when attempting startx, EE i810(0): No video BIOS modes for chosen depth. and EE Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration. FATAL SERVER ERROR: No Screens Found. Lin ver. 2.4.20-8

I went to intel web site, found the driver for linux (downloaded and have 3 files ready (one extracted in case) 20030106-i386-linux.tar.gz , (extracted as 20030106-i386 folder , and rpm file as dripkg-1.0-4.386)) and place it on my partitioned drive.

The only problem is I dont have floppy drive access therefore is unable to put it the floppy however i placed it the g: drive (fat) hoping i could access it thru linux and install from there how do i do that thru text mode.

I appreciate anyone could help with this...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 02:25 PM