Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Suse 9.0 - Dual Boot Problem - Help!, Suse 9.0 - dual boot problem - help!!!
donk
post Oct 24 2003, 09:47 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,688

I downloaded Suse 9.0 off bittorrent and burnt the 5 CDs for it, then I loaded it onto my pc which has Windows XP running on it.

I thought it would be good because on this version of Suse you can supposedly create a dual boot system very easily, however when I tried to boot into Windows XP, I received the following message:

root (hd0,1)
filesystem type unknown
partition type 0x7
chainloader +1

Luckily I had a Ghost disk of the system, which I have reinstalled.

What is the solution - I have removed 'goback' from the system as I have read that this can affect linux.

I think it should be fairly simple to sort out, I could see all my existing files within Suse - I have two partitions on my hard disk: C: windows and program files and D: work files

Please could you let me know what I should do to sort this situation out because I am anxious to learn more about linux.

Thank you

donk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Corey
post Oct 28 2003, 01:53 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

What is your partition setup on your harddrive? According to that error message you pasted, your Linux Bootloader is looking at the Second partition on the first hard drive....is this correct?

--------------------
Corey Quilliam
(former) Linuxhelp.ca Administrator
cquilliam-AT-gmail-dot-com

Want to help out Linuxhelp.net? Check out our Linuxhelp Wiki and see if there are some articles you would like to submit!!

--
Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Work Laptop (HP-Compaq NC6400 Core2)
Kubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Desktop (HP m8120n QuadCore)
Ubuntu 6.04 - Server (I'm not upgrading this baby until support runs out in 2012) (Some old POS dell)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 02:49 PM