Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Recover Reiserfs Partition
epinhao
post Oct 19 2003, 11:05 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,651

I was installing Mandrake 9.1, I went through the steps, I was just testing the installation process, so when I was on Partitioning step I clicked on OK, and my whole hard drive was formated; I thought the installer will do this when the actual installation started. I had two reiserfs partitions, is there a way to recover them I think Mandrake reformats the whole hard drive to ext3?

Thanks
Emilio
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Oct 20 2003, 06:03 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

I don't know anything that can restore the partation after it has been deleted and another partition recreated over it...

If the partition still exists as reiserfs and files have been erased, you can try this:

reiserfsck --rebuild-tree --scan-whole-partition /dev/hda1

(substitute your partition name) ... but I suspect it won't work if the partition was recreated...

you can boot with the mandrake cd1, type linux rescue and exit to the console, ...then type the command:

fdisk -l

to see what partitions are there...

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 03:36 PM