Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Driver Installation, Installing drives on Linux Mandrake
CEM
post Oct 16 2003, 11:22 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,634

blink.gif Unfortunately im part of the dumb down generation of windows users so im pretty new to Linux. I just installed Linux Mandrake 8.1 on my computer. Ive actually had it for a while but was unsuccesfull at my first installation attempt. Ive finally got in installed successfully using the KDE desktop theme on the Xwindows.
I have a:
- 128MB Radeon Pro 9600 video card (ATI has instructions but im wondering if thers another way)
- Logitec Cordless keyboard and mouse (it works but all the special keys dont work)

Im having trouble installing the drivers for these pieces of hardware. If anyone has any information it would be very helpful.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Oct 17 2003, 05:56 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

I don't have any info on how to make special keys on the keyboard work ...

The drivers for making an ATI card work are proprietry ... here is a link to the latest driver. Here are the instructions...

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 05:46 PM