Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> Help With Linux-mandrake 7.2, can not get into OS: mount problems
MurderedCROW
post Nov 2 2002, 03:49 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 109

I have bought this OS back when it was new and installed it with the phrase lnx4win so I could try it out. No problems when I installed it then. I would have kept the OS but I'm an advid gamer and some of the games I play aren't supported in Lynux. So I kept windows and after awhile uninstalled Lynux. Now to get to my problem, First let me say that now I use Windows XP pro. And with raves about lynux I thought I would reinstall the system to really get into it. So I installed but everytime I want to load into Lynux no matter what options I choose I get the same error message, Something like "root mount fs not mount 7:07" I'm sorry if that is not accurate. Anyways I can still boot into windows so I uninstalled to try again in the installation but I forgot to put the cd in and I couldn't boot into windows some message said something about the kernel and had the cmd line "<grub> _". So I reinstalled Lynux again and could boot into XP but still had that mount problem. I wish I knew exactly what to do but alas I do not. So this is where you come in, Please tell me you know what I'm talking about so you can help. By the way it was a 4 disc set and I lost disc 4 but the install only ask for disc 1 & 2 and that's it. Anyways please HELP I would really like to work with lynux and not be left out in the cold.
-THANKS- biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- MurderedCROW   Help With Linux-mandrake 7.2   Nov 2 2002, 03:49 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 02:52 AM