Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sound Problem
jesusdiscs
post Oct 15 2003, 09:00 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,611

I've recently installed red hat 9 on my box and i am having trouble with every sound card i try and put in.

so far i've tried my on board sound card (some cmedia chipset), a creative labs audio pci 128 and a c-media CM8738.

Redhat detects all three properly but when i go to "detect sound card" it says that the sound driver is disabled.

I tried changing the settings in modules.conf (logged in as root) and save it. I reboot to reload the modules but when i've rebooted the modules.conf setting has changed back to disabled.

i know i've posted on here before but it's really buggin me. i want to use linux instead of windows(cuz windows is crappy) but i need the sound workin.

cheers again, jesusdiscs
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Oct 17 2003, 05:33 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

What kernel are you using for RedHat 9 ... (have you upgraded the kernel (using up2date) or are you using the same kernel that came on the installation disks)? Do the command :

rpm -qa | grep kernel

and post the information.
-------------------------
What motherboard (make/model/revision) do you have? Some chipsets special drivers to work properly with Linux.

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 03:19 AM