Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Redhat 9 Installation Problem, Can't detect Installation CD
tlxia
post Oct 13 2003, 05:40 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,610

Hi:

I have downloaded the 3 ISO files from redhat ftp site, and burned them onto three separate CDs. I was trying to install Redhat on my Pentium 1 PC, but when I boot up the PC with the bootdisk.img, the installation program complained that the Redhat CD cannot be found. Then I booted up the same PC with Slackware Linux, the CD drive works fine. I also downloaded Redhat for the second time, checked md5checksum. However, the system still cannot find the Redhat CD when booting up.

Could anyone tell me what I am supposed to do next? Should I decode the ISO files into source tree first?. But that won't work either, I have tried a couple of times.

Help is really needed

Thanks

LT
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Oct 13 2003, 07:15 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

You should burn the CDs using a program like Nero or EasyCD Creator ... the option to use is called Burn Image and it is under the File menu option...

Here is an FAQ about burning Linux ISO files...

And another one about Liunx iso files in general.

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE

+Quote Post
tlxia
post Oct 18 2003, 09:08 PM
Post #3

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,610

Thanks hughesjr.

Your direction helped a lot. For other people who are having the same problem with Redhat ISO files, please check out www.linuxiso.org as they have a lot of helpful suggestions in relation to the installation issues of linux distribution. I have successfully installed my redhat linux using the method provided by one of linux gurus in the forum of that website.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 01:34 AM