Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vga Card Not Recognized Under Linux
killerkangwuman
post Oct 11 2003, 05:04 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,602

hi
i bought the epox motherboard 8kra2+ about 1 week ago and ive got several problems runing under suse linux 8.2 ... my problems are the following..

1. i cant boot linux while having the ide raid controller activated.. a wierd error pops up about "error interupt" and nothing else happens.. i cant boot linux installation nor the installed linux while the ide raid controller is active.. but when its inactive everything works alright.. i hadnt had any probs with the raid under win2k. so its not a hardware error..the hard drives cant be broke either, because when i hook them up on the normal ide controller they work perfectly under linxu

2. my second problem is that linux wont really recognize my video card.i cant even install linux normaly , i have to install it in vga mode. it gives the card a wierd name such as sv00x0002 . i know that thats not a linux problem because, the card used to work under linux with my old motherboard. and since i had to install a agp driver update under windows i was thinking that that could be the problem under linux.. can anyone help me with the AGP driver update for linux.. ive searched all the net ., but didnt find anything.

i would be thankfull 4 any suggestions
peace & thnx
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Oct 12 2003, 04:25 PM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

Your board uses a KT-600 VIA chipset....I think that is your problem.

The following part numbered items are in use:

VT8237 (core logic)
VIA VT6103 (Network Card)

You will need to see the VIA Drivers site:
http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 06:24 AM