Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Usb Ethernet Adapter, Red Hat 9 Help, the ethernet card is not working.
hiddenkirby
post Sep 29 2003, 12:20 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,545

I need help getting my usb etherfast ethernet adapter (usb100tx) to work w/ my red hat 9. the leds on the device dont light up. and of course the internet does not work. i downloaded a pegasus rpm as i was told to on a website, but of course it didnt work for me. I JUST WANT INTERNET DAGGIT! the card is not in the driver list that came w/ red hat 9 so essentially i need a driver i beleive. im running all this on a ibm thinkpad 570e. when booting a and checking all systems and stuff it says bringing up interface eth0:pegasus/pegasus device eht0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization. and the wierd thing is the dns is filled out and i didnt do it manually so something has to be working. if anyone can help me figure this out it would be greatly appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Sep 30 2003, 04:53 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

I think the problem is the order that the items are starting ....

try using this command from a terminal window (as root):

/etc/init.d/network start

What is in the file /etc/modules.conf on the eth0 line? It should say something like:

alias eth0 pegasus

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 05:07 PM