Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Getting A Network Card To Work, Newbie
keith24
post Sep 21 2003, 04:10 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,482

Hi, I have just got Redhat 8.0 and like it a lot I run it on one machine as a dual boot with Windows 98OSR2. However I can't get it to see my network. I changed the network card from a Netgear to a Linksys LNE100TX and the Kickstart ran but failed to instal it. Running Network device control shows the following message.
"eth0 has an alias to module 3c501 in modules.conf instead of currently loaded module tulip!"
The Linksys web site says that "tulip" is the right Linux driver for the card. Can anyone tell me how to get it running please. I am not used to writing code. Kind Regards
Keith
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Sep 21 2003, 08:52 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

edit the file /etc/modules.conf and post the eth0 line...it should look something like this:

alias eth0 tulip

or

alias eth0 3c501

Also post any other lines in /etc/module.conf that have either tulip or 3c501 in them ...

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 12:00 PM