Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> Redhat 8 Problem
Cummings
post Oct 25 2002, 09:44 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 80

after getting redhat 8 for $35 boxed, I attempt to install it dual booting with XP , which i KNOW can be done as i did it on my mates computer after putting a hammer into mine.

For his p3 500 with 256 ram and 10gb hdd, it install no worries after we used partition majic to remove 4 gig from the old partition.

I then went home and attempt to install on mine, exacly the same way i did on his (i have a p3800 with 384mb ram and Seagate 40gb 7200 hdd)

Now, i have never got past installing 308 mb on mine. it halts every time saying an error has occured due to bad package, image, and thingsl ike that. Then it just restarts so you can install again and get the same problem.

What i might see as the problem is this error message that appears on mine and not my mates.

Boot partition /boot may not meet booting constraints for your arcitechture. Creation of a boot sidk is highly recomended.

Now, what may cause this may be my hdd, its 40 gig clocked in at 38, due to 40gb hdd's needing you to do somthen to em to get full 40 gig, i have not done this.

Or it could be my CD not wanting to read the cd, now that means i am going to go get my mates dvd/cd reader and put it in my box and attempt an install with it.

That error message it the big problem here i think.

I used XP Prof initaly to install on a full 38gb partition then partition magic to chop 10gb into unpartitioned space for linux. Then in linux i chose automatic and use free space. this is when the error occured.

Please help me, its not fair sad.gif
Cummings
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Cummings   Redhat 8 Problem   Oct 25 2002, 09:44 AM
- - hcooper   I am a newbie myself but here are some comments. ...   Oct 30 2002, 08:42 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 04:08 PM