Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Needing Enlightenment Help, Gnome + Enlightement in Mandrake 9.1
robbmcmahan
post Sep 4 2003, 01:13 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,230

Ok, I"m a newbie but starting to learn a lot (thanks to a lot of help from this board). I have Mandrake 9.1 and like Enlightenment but I wan't to also have the flexiblity of adding desktop icons. I understand that you can run Gnome and Enlightenment together but I can't figure out how to do this in Mandrake 9.1. While logged into Enlightenment i opened a terminal and typed "GMC" and it says there is no command by that name. If I log into Gnome and type the command for Enlightenment it says that another windows manager is already running.

How do you do this? Can someone tell me step by step how to get these to run together?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
robbmcmahan
post Sep 4 2003, 02:56 PM
Post #2

After scouring the internet I think I have found that I need to start the Gnome panel to do what I'm wanting to do in Enlightenment. What is the command to start the Gnome panel from a terminal?

+Quote Post
robbmcmahan
post Sep 4 2003, 02:57 PM
Post #3

oh yeah...once I figure out how to start the panel how do I get it to automatically start each time that Enlightment starts?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 06:32 PM