Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> Rh Question From Linux Newbie, problem with firewall
eraidnflux
post Oct 24 2002, 09:37 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 78

hello i just installed R.H. 8.0 and it wont connect to the internet correctly, i believe it is because my firewall setting are set to high, because the mozilla page will load but after about a second it closes, I went into the firewall preferences and change the settings of high to off the click ok. i open mozilla and it closes again. i check the firwall prefs. again and there back to high again, because it didnt save my prefs. is there another way that i can go about saving the firewall settings so that i can browse the internet or a way to delete the firewall program and install it again, where would i be able to find the firewall program?

thanks in advance

*note i can connect to the internet, proof i used telnet to connect to my school server.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
styker
post Oct 25 2002, 03:17 PM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 75

open a terminal window (xterm, rxvt, eterm to mention a few) they should be listed on your menu somewhere, and type konqueror or "lynx www.google.com" if they connect, your firewall is not set to high, you need to update mozilla.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 09:16 AM