Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> Rh Question From Linux Newbie, problem with firewall
eraidnflux
post Oct 24 2002, 09:37 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 78

hello i just installed R.H. 8.0 and it wont connect to the internet correctly, i believe it is because my firewall setting are set to high, because the mozilla page will load but after about a second it closes, I went into the firewall preferences and change the settings of high to off the click ok. i open mozilla and it closes again. i check the firwall prefs. again and there back to high again, because it didnt save my prefs. is there another way that i can go about saving the firewall settings so that i can browse the internet or a way to delete the firewall program and install it again, where would i be able to find the firewall program?

thanks in advance

*note i can connect to the internet, proof i used telnet to connect to my school server.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
styker
post Oct 25 2002, 05:34 AM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 75

Mozilla could just be crashing, try a different browser, you may have konquror installed, or better, use lynx from a console/terminal screen. I highly doubt your firewall is is closing mozilla, cause that's not what firewalls do, but if your convinced, run

rgrep "high" /etc/*

And it should return something along the lines of firewall="high".
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 05:01 AM