Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Road Runner Blocks Outgoing Mail
msaitta
post Sep 2 2003, 09:34 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,368

I am a newbie and have finally got everything to work correctly EXCEPT mail. My incoming mail comes in perfectly but my outgoing mail is being refused at all Road Runner, AOL and MSN sites. The error message I am receiving states that I should reset my outgoing mail server to theirs (smtp-cfl.rr.com). Only problem is, then it won't go out at all. I am using mail through mozilla. I have set my windows box to use that outgoing mail server in Outlook but I don't think it's working either. Anyone have any suggestions? HELP.

thanks
Michael
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Sep 2 2003, 09:42 PM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

you need to use the smtp server for outgoing mail and the pop3 server for incoming mail.

for my road runner connection, the pop3 server is pop-server.stx.rr.com and the smtp server is smtp-server.stx.rr.com.

you have to set up both.......

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 07:53 PM