Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Installing Scanner Drivers, sane help
post Aug 11 2003, 06:08 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,245

I'm rather new to linux, this is my first time trying to install a driver.

I'm running Debian that i downloaded a few days ago and I am trying to install a Plustek scanner. I've been following an install guide on the SANE sight and i'm up to compiling the scanner driver. When I run "make all" however, I get alot of warnings telling me things are already defined, and lists of include files from both /usr/src/linux/include/linux and /usr/include/asm

here are some examples:
The first warning I see ( first I see gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes.... -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/include -I./h -I/.. -02 -DMODULE -DMODVERSIONS -include /usr/src/linux/include/linux/modsetver.h -c src/dac.c -o obj/dac.o )
In file included from /usr/src/linux/include/linux/resource.h:58
/usr/include/asm/resource.h:26: warning: 'RLIM_INFINITY' redefined
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/resource.h:40 warning: this is the location of the previous definition

This then continues with different files and things that are redefined. Later on the output starts looking more like:

/usr/include/asm/string.h:48 warning static declaration for 'strncpy' follows non-static

this continues with 'strcat', 'strncat', 'strncmp' and others.
in the end it says "make: *** [obj/dac.o] Error 1

Any ideas about how I can get this to compile right?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Aug 12 2003, 10:25 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 613

Please refer to the system requirements of the software. Does your box meet or exceed them?

Exit 1 = big error. All program will break. "'RLIM_INFINITY' redefined" means a constant's value is changed. That violates the rule. strncpy and the rest manipulate strings. I think the code isn't trying to do something it's supposed to. I could fool this code into compiling fine.

Did you get beta or alpha code? Could you find the stable version?

Try looking up sane and your scanner model in newsgroups.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2018 - 02:55 PM