Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Lcd, But No Driver. What Do I Do?, Get and LCD screen to work.
applemaz
post Aug 9 2003, 08:51 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,222

I had a CRT monitor on my RH9 machine, but I replaced it with a Norcent LM550 LCD screen. It came with no drivers, and I couldn't find even a Windows driver for it on the web, let alone a Linux driver. When I go in to manually enter the monitor name and its horizontal and vertical sync rates, RH9 will not save the entries. Is it really necessary to make these changes? I just don't want to end up damaging the LCD with sync rates from a CRT.

Michael
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Aug 10 2003, 06:46 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

If everything is working, then XFree is picking a good rate ... but it would be good to set the scanrates so the probes only look in the proper ranges when performing the startup scan. I have never seen a problem, but it is better to be safe.

I'm not sure why it RedHat won't save the results, are you using the progam /usr/bin/redhat-config-xfree86 (it is also on the standard menu at MenuButton-System Settings-Display) to make the changes (try running it from the command prompt...make sure you run it as root) ... If this doesn't work, you can enter the information manually by editing the file /etc/X11/XF86Config (or XF86Config-4). You need to restart X to see the changes....

Look in your /var/log/XFree86.0.log and see what it says about the monitor (XFree86 performs a check when stating and it picks the rates it is going to use).

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE

+Quote Post
jetblackz
post Aug 11 2003, 12:28 PM
Post #3

./configure

Group: Members
Member No.: 613

Drivers are nothing more than numbers. The most important you should be looking for is the specs. vertical & horizontal sync's. such as 50-90hz. And 1024x768@75Hz. LCDs wouldn't get past 75hz. Find the specs on the Web and maybe manual or product brochure.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 06:02 AM