Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Loading Americasarmy Game ?
danny1975uk
post Aug 7 2003, 05:41 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,218

hi people , I'm am new to linux so please excuse me if this is a dumb arse question , I am using red hat linux ,running on p4 2.0ghz.. I baught a linux user mag and had the americasarmy linux game on it . this is how they tell me to load it " sh/mnt/cdrom/games/americasarmy/armyops-lnx-170.sh.bin " but this just returnes the message file /dir not found as far as i can tell my cdrom is of that mount point please tell me what i'm doing wrong ????? thanks for any help in advance

danny
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Aug 7 2003, 06:43 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

You need a space after the sh ... sh is the shell that you are running, and /mnt/cdrom/games/americasarmy/armyops-lnx-170.sh.bin is the path to the game install file.

so the command would be:

sh /mnt/cdrom/games/americasarmy/armyops-lnx-170.sh.bin

If the above command doesn't work ... the CDROM may not be mounted.... with most new linux distros there is an automount function. After you put the cd in the CDROM, do this command to see if it is mounted:

ls /mnt/cdrom/

If you get a list of files the cd is mounted ... if not type this command (with the cd in the CDROM):

mount /mnt/cdrom

Try the command again:
sh /mnt/cdrom/games/americasarmy/armyops-lnx-170.sh.bin

if there are no errors,

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 04:03 AM