Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Installing Hx/ghx
corvax
post Jul 31 2003, 06:25 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,177

I'm trying to install hx on my box and it requires readline. So I installed it with no trouble but when I go to configure hx I get a an error telling me it can't find readline.
checking for rl_callback_handler_install in -lreadline... no

I guess I have to point the configure command to readline but I have no idea how to do that. Any help would be appreciated.
-corvax
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Jul 31 2003, 07:01 AM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

I don't know what distro you are using, but if you are trying to compile hx with RedHat, you need to install the readline-devel package ....

If you compiled readline yourself, do a ./configure --help in the hx compile directory and see if there is a way to point to the readline source location ....... it is source libraries from readline that you need so that you can compile hx ... not an installed version of readline (at least that's what I think from looking at google!).

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 11:43 PM