Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trackball, Trackball mouse config
simwiz
post Jul 30 2003, 04:26 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,173

I am hoping you guys can offer some help in the area of trackball mice (especially multi-button) in linux. For the record I am running Mandrake 9.1 on a decent box. I am a recent windows convert and so far I like what I am seeing of the Linux os and community. On to the question

The mouse in question is a "Logitech TrackMan Marble FX". It has 4 buttons in total, with no wheel. I looked on logitech's website for help but they only offer support for MS os's and no linux software. Currently the mouse is working great! The 2 important buttons work fine and the mouse moves good. The thing I would like to know is how to configure the other two buttons?? Running windows xp I could set the third button to minimise windows that are running, and the fourth would activate the scroll function (allowing me to scroll the current window) similar to the mouse wheel.

I have been unable to find software to let me configure my mouse to work in the ways described above and would very much like to have the full functionality of my mouse. Keep in my that I am a general newbie to linux and have just started discovering how to install/configure prog's and how to use the console properly. Detailed instructions are probably necassary.

Thanx for you help,
Simwiz
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hughesjr
post Jul 30 2003, 07:34 PM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,151

look here:

http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e...3-Jun/0302.html

--------------------
Johnny Hughes
hughesjr@linuxhelp.net
Enterprise Alternatives: CentOS, WhiteBoxEL
Favorite Workstation Distros (in order): CentOS, Gentoo, Debian Sarge, Ubuntu, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Slackware, SUSE
Favorite Server Distros (in order): CentOS, WhiteBoxEL, Debian Sarge, Slackware, Mandrake, FedoraCore, Gentoo, SUSE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 03:57 PM