Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Redhat 9 And Onboard Lan
Big_Baller
post Jul 27 2003, 09:06 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,160

Ok I am a complete linux noob but I decided to get into it while I have some time this summer. I put Redhat 9 on my computer and everything is pretty neat so far, except it can't find my lan card. I have had mandrake 9.1 on and it could find it but redhat dosn't seem to be able to. I am on the Abit NF7-S v2 mobo. Its an onboard realtek chip. I have heard of thie problem on other forums but never an answer. Could anyone point me in the right direction? Oh I did install the Nforce drivers from nvidias site, it sort of found it but it said its inactive and it wont activate. Do I have to manualy assige the irqs and stuff? How do I find them out? Windows here has Apic on it so the irqs go above 15....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joey
post Jul 27 2003, 09:08 PM
Post #2

LinuxHelp Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Do you know what module it uses? I'm not familiar with the card but all you probably need to do is figure out what kernel module it uses and then modprobe it.

Do you know the model number of the NIC etc?

+Quote Post
Big_Baller
post Jul 27 2003, 11:44 PM
Post #3

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,160

The manual says it uses the Realtek 8201BL Physical layer interface. So I need to mod probe it with this information? Wheres a good guide on this if i may ask? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 12:09 PM