Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Linux webserver/database
sauerma
post Jul 15 2003, 09:45 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,105

We recently purchased a Linus server, however, no programmer in our dept knows anything about it. We want to use it as our web server---for the past 8 months we have been programming our web pages in ASP--using Access as our database---Now the President of the company thinks we need to get away from ASP. Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do as far as converting ASP to ??? Or what is the programming language most people use with Linux for submission of forms, and using a database?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joey
post Jul 15 2003, 09:56 AM
Post #2

LinuxHelp Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I'm not sure why you posted this in our site development forum however I've moved it here to the support forum.

Most people use apache as the web server and then either perl or php for forms etc. You can then use mySQL or postgresql for the database end of things.

+Quote Post
Corey
post Jul 16 2003, 07:33 AM
Post #3

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Member No.: 3

If you're company is looking for someone to run this new Linux server, I am looking for a job smile.gif

Depending on the type of website that you are developing, there are several ways to go about it (Linux=choice). For example, which database server to use has it's own advantages and disadvantages. To review some of these differences, check out this article.

Joey, I think he posted it in the site development forum because he's developing a site smile.gif Maybe we need to rename that into "Linuxhelp.ca Site Development".

--------------------
Corey Quilliam
(former) Linuxhelp.ca Administrator
cquilliam-AT-gmail-dot-com

Want to help out Linuxhelp.net? Check out our Linuxhelp Wiki and see if there are some articles you would like to submit!!

--
Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Work Laptop (HP-Compaq NC6400 Core2)
Kubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Desktop (HP m8120n QuadCore)
Ubuntu 6.04 - Server (I'm not upgrading this baby until support runs out in 2012) (Some old POS dell)

+Quote Post
Joey
post Jul 16 2003, 07:43 AM
Post #4

LinuxHelp Admin

Member No.: 1

the forum name is fine.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 04:08 AM