Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pptpclient Help
D-meter
post Jul 11 2003, 12:42 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,085

I have the following problem:
On a RedHat 9.0 I installed pptp-client, mppe and the pptp-php-gtk (all the last versions available). I enter the server details and it connects just fine. The problem comes when I try to browse the internet. From Mozilla I get: "Resolving host..." and that's it. sad.gif I checked the DNSs - tried "automatic", tried to manually input them... I really don't know what to do. When I restart into Windows my VPN connection works just great.
I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks.
D-meter
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Corey
post Jul 11 2003, 01:38 PM
Post #2

Its GNU/Linuxhelp.net

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Open up a console window (xterm), and try to ping an ip. If that works, then your resolv file isn't set up correct. As root, open up /etc/resolv.conf under your favorite text editor (vi, vim, emacs, nano, whatever) and check to see if there are any nameservers listed in there, if there isn't, then that is most likely the problem. Find out what nameservers you should be using, and add them in there.

--------------------
Corey Quilliam
(former) Linuxhelp.ca Administrator
cquilliam-AT-gmail-dot-com

Want to help out Linuxhelp.net? Check out our Linuxhelp Wiki and see if there are some articles you would like to submit!!

--
Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Work Laptop (HP-Compaq NC6400 Core2)
Kubuntu 8.04 64-bit - Desktop (HP m8120n QuadCore)
Ubuntu 6.04 - Server (I'm not upgrading this baby until support runs out in 2012) (Some old POS dell)

+Quote Post
D-meter
post Jul 11 2003, 06:56 PM
Post #3

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,085

I had tried that - resolv.conf is ok, that's the strange part of my problem. I have set it manually (I've taken the DNS IPs from the ISP). When I set it to "automatic" it takes the IPs when it connects and changes the resolv.conf. I get the same message from the browser.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 07:49 PM