Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Usr33.3 Modem Help Needed, ATDT# results in SD & TR flash once
bluephoenix
post Jun 28 2003, 09:57 AM
Post #1

Grub-er

Group: Members
Member No.: 561

I've got a US Robotics 33.3 Sportser modem connected to /dev/ttyS0. At the shell prompt I type: echo "ATDT5554321" > /dev/modemttyS0.

I hear the clicking noise and the modem "picks up the line" and the Send Data and Terminal Ready lights flash once. But that's it.

Any ideas as to why the whole process just "dies?"

-Tim
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bluephoenix
post Jun 29 2003, 10:41 PM
Post #2

Grub-er

Group: Members
Member No.: 561

Well, the problem is stil there, but I tried working with another modem and have a bit more information that might tip off someone to help me get pointed in the right direction.

I swapped out the USR33.3 with an older (if not ancient) US Robotics Courier 2400e modem. It's got a few more indicator lights on the front so in theory I'll have a better idea what the modem's trying to do to trouble shoot with.

MR and CS are lit, meaning the modem ready and it's clear to send.

I type echo "atd5554321" > /dev/ttyS0 and RD, SD, TR and RS all flash once: Received Data, Sent Data, Terminal Ready and Request to Send.

For the heck of it I tried sending a null command to the modem with echo > /dev/ttyS0 and got the same results.

Any ideas?

-Tim
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 05:57 PM