Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> Change boot order on UEFI machine, brand new computer just for Mint, don't know how to load
CuriousCarl
post Feb 24 2016, 07:31 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,050

Got a new dell laptop, came with Windows 10. My older computer I could press f2 to change boot order so it would first go to cd drive. This new computer has UEFI and I'm not sure how to accomplish this. I am only going to us this computer for Linux, so no partitions to worry over. I'm a total newbee to unix and mint. Tried Libre Office and am hooked. Want to make friends with Mint. Made an ISO disk for Mint 17.3, just don''t know how to safely get it loaded. Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
CuriousCarl
post Feb 26 2016, 09:25 PM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,050

QUOTE (CuriousCarl @ Feb 24 2016, 05:31 PM) *
Got a new dell laptop, came with Windows 10. My older computer I could press f2 to change boot order so it would first go to cd drive. This new computer has UEFI and I'm not sure how to accomplish this. I am only going to us this computer for Linux, so no partitions to worry over. I'm a total newbee to unix and mint. Tried Libre Office and am hooked. Want to make friends with Mint. Made an ISO disk for Mint 17.3, just don''t know how to safely get it loaded. Thanks

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 11:09 AM