Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

> openSUSE Leap Installation 14.2, USB Mouse and Keyboard Disappear
MattS
post Jan 22 2016, 11:24 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,038

First let me say that I am a new (read virgin) linux user and installing it on a computer I built for an X-plane flight simulator. The sim is said to perform slightly faster than when on a Windows OS and the 64 bit lets the program have arguably more efficient use of the systems resources.

openSUSE Leap 14.2 was one of three linux platforms recommended on the X-plane forums.

I am installing from a boot DVD that was burned from a downloaded ISO file. I was unable to verify the downloaded file on the windows based computer that I am working with.

The installation seems to start as documented getting me to the first installation screen with the USB mouse and keyboard working properly.

But as soon as I click the installation button, after loading the Kernel, I am unable to click or type on the following screen to move the installation along.

I am guessing that it may be a driver issue with the USB, as driver issues seem common, but I did not see this particular issue noted in any other postings.

Would using a PS/2 keyboard or mouse (if I can find one) get me over this hurdle until the system is able to load?

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
MattS
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- MattS   openSUSE Leap Installation 14.2   Jan 22 2016, 11:24 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 05:00 AM