Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hidden Linux Files
jenny
post Jun 17 2003, 12:29 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 972

Would anyone know if it is possible to hide linux files on a computer that runs windows? If so, how can I find these files? My ex-husband was a linux guru. My husband kept my computer hostage during our divorce proceedings. Now that I have it back it is giving me error messages about resources which I never encountered before. When I receive the message, I re-boot which seems to work, however, I should not get a resource error when I only have one application running.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jenny
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JohnnyTHM
post Jun 17 2003, 03:09 PM
Post #2

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 795

I don't know if linux based files(programs) would be able to run in a win32 environment. I don't think they will. When you say you have only one application running, are you sure? You don't have anything running in the background? What version of windows are you using, and what are your system specs?(Processor, RAM, ect..)

+Quote Post
chrisw
post Jun 17 2003, 03:39 PM
Post #3

RMS is my Hero

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

if he just hide regular linux files...then it is possible...you just hide them like you would standard windows files...
you can also run some linux stuff by using cygwin.dll....so its possible...not that you would get any good true use out of it..
but its possible.....then he could have just hidden the files like you would regular files....

--------------------

Chris W.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 09:07 AM