Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The DNS Guys

25 Nameservers Worldwide

Host Monitoring & Auto Rollback

Smart Relay, SASL

OpenID Servers & XMPP

TSIG & Secondary DNS

Amazon Route53 GUI

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> epson sx200 on linux debian, triplicate colours when printing black only text
rog
post Mar 27 2012, 02:04 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,507

Very new to linux & pc numptie. Talked thro set up of epson sx200 as default printer (cant remember how now). Prints from work done on host pc come out good (except prnt is off centre so have to adjust top/bottom margins other way off centre to compensate). Trouble is! if I print from the internet or from an imported word document (saved as - format to 97/2000/xp OR any other format) the prints come out in triplicate black line then same line in red then same line again in yellow - ALL on top of the next line down (so I have line 1 printed 3 times over line 2 and line 3 then 2nd proper line triplicated over the next 3 lines). This also happens when printing images of street maps etc. I have tried downoading the epson LINUX software from the internet (all 6 downloads) Didn't try the scanner software as there are about a dozen downloads. but this completely stopped all printing and printer satus box showed NO printers. I had to phone my support guy who realised that the epson downloads had removed the CUPS menues. I was talked thro the CUPS reinstallation and removed the epson software. I have run a test print from the printer status box and that is fine (except for the margins being off centre). Without wanting to pester my support guy (a mate of a mate) I'm seeking help on this forum. Thanks for reading. rog
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 11:14 AM