Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Installing Ubuntu Linix (Pixel Garbage)
Vem
post Mar 12 2012, 08:15 AM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,489

Greetings. I am currently trying to install Ubuntu Linux 11.10 on my Asus G60J from a USB, but I've encountered a problem. Since this is the first time I'm trying to install Ubuntu Linux, I'm afraid im going to need some help.

I am able to get into the Ubuntu Installer Boot Menu, I've tried selecting both "Run Ubuntu from this disk" and "Install Ubuntu on a Harddisk", but when the first purple "loading screen" has finished after clicking one of those options, my screen is covered with pixel garbage, with a black and white background.

I have found that this pixel garbage appears because my graphics card doesnt switch to the frambuffer mode properly. Help.Ubuntu.Com advices you to use the boot parameter fb=false video=vga16:off to disable the framebuffer console, but now I cant manage to write that command into the boot parameter, as I cant find out how to write the equal (=) sign. Usually on my keyboard the combination for writing = would be shift+0, but thats apperently not the command in Ubuntu Linux. Therefor I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to write that command, and if there is any other solution to my problem?

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section.

- Vem
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 02:49 AM