Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Quotas, Need help getting quotas to work.
igkngiht
post Jun 4 2003, 12:22 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 926

I have been trying to figure out how to get quotas working on my RH 8 server, after I edited the /etc/fstab and inserted usrquota,grpquota into both the /home and /web partitions and rebooted, I logged in as root to execute quotacheck, but everything in the /home and /web partitions were gone!

After I put /etc/fstab back the way it was and rebooted, the server was back to normal.

I tried all this on another install of RH 8 on VMware without this problem. Is that normal? If I would have ran the quotacheck would that have brought everything back?

With rebooting and not seeing anything under the /home and /web partitions being root, I am a little hesitant to do anything that would write to those drives.

Thanks.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blackphiber
post Jun 5 2003, 03:03 AM
Post #2

Grub-er

Group: Members
Member No.: 388

this might sound stupid and you I know are smart but did you try remounting the partitions? ex. unmount /home then mount /home ? hope that sorta helps. if not luckily some other nice guy make a howto http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/Quota.html good luck!

ps. I love Zim, JTHM and all that too!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 07:28 PM