Linux Help
guides forums blogs
Home Desktops Distributions ISO Images Logos Newbies Reviews Software Support & Resources Linuxhelp Wiki

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Advanced DNS Management
New ZoneEdit. New Managment.

FREE DNS Is Back

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ssh Over Network, SSHD setup
fedoraPhil
post Oct 25 2005, 06:00 PM
Post #1

Whats this Lie-nix Thing?

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,666

Im new to the whole linux thing, im learning fast but need help. I'm trying to set up a SSH dameon on a school campus, if it makes a difference, I set it up and can access it using a winscp and putty on different routers in the building. I have my router set for port fording to my fedora core 4 machine that is running the sshd server. When trying to access it from out side the school network I recieve a network error. I have also tried setting up a ddns for my router and that did not provide a path to the sshd either. I have set the sshd_config to listen to the forded ip address that i gave the router, i have also tried to listen for the routers ip address evan though i don't think that is right, it didn't work either. I can't figure out why others cannot connect to the routers ip address or if there is away around the school if it is the school causing the problem. I know this is jumbled but thanks for any help. Phillip
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 01:28 PM